Resume of Mark SmeedA versatile & globally-experienced Operations and Engineering Professional
A highly-experienced, versatile & globally-experienced Operations and Engineering Professional with a successful background in the delivery of process and engineered solutions to Upstream Oil and Gas, Nuclear and waste to energy. Delivered through multi-cultural and multi-site technical and project teams.
Demonstrates a strong grasp of customer, financial and commercial requirements.
An Accomplished, PhD qualified and Chartered Engineer, able to design and deliver innovative and complex engineering programmes, with a tenacity to deliver, to successful conclusion.
Exceptional Problem Solving and Troubleshooting with a curious mind that’s not afraid to challenge the norm to achieve step changes in performance and enhanced results.
Experience of driving change management, business transformation, business and project strategies, vendor engagement, matrix leadership, business process re-engineering and business benefits realisation.
|Last Resume Update||December 6, 2017|
|Address||ANYWHERE, United Kingdom|
Responsible for the successful delivery of programmes and projects ranging in size and complexity. Clients have included: DPS Process Solutions; National Grid Gas Distribution; AgriKinetics; eSynergy; Bere Cider and Miscanthus Nurseries
o Tank cleaning process for use with automated cutting equipment;
o Foreign object removal system for the protection and enhancement of Anaerobic Digestion process;
o VOC abatement system for use in refrigerator destruction plant.
• Led to conclusion the technical development and design, using SolidWorks, of pyrolysis equipment to process 2000 ton/year of waste carpet tiles.
• Extensive testing of pyrolysis equipment, using the 2 ton/day pilot plant, to map the performance of the existing pyrolysis designs operating with different fuels;
• Recovered key ‘No Dig’ development programme, for National Grid, working within budget of just over £2m, to achieve a key demonstration of the technology to the project stakeholders and National regulators
• Successfully launched Alderley Process Technology, including devising all operational / technical processes and procedures to enable effective worldwide service delivery before driving the growth of the business to achieve annual turnover of £12M+ with a team of 25 staff;
• Provided technical leadership for the design and development of systems and solutions as well as devising processes to maintain project delivery to time and budget
• Developed a comprehensive business plan together with designing and implementing a business management system incorporating operational and technical strategies, processes and procedures;
• Oversaw all aspects of the ongoing management and development of the company including project and programme leadership, delivery of produced water solutions and technical projects with out-sourced manufacturing;
• Held full P&L and budget management responsibility, including developing plans, forecasts and financial strategies;
• Delivered consultative sales, together with leading the Sales team to develop formal tenders / bids (including Lump Sum Tenders) and reach agreements on contract and specifications, supporting the negotiation of contract conditions and price; and line managed a sales team, utilising remote agents, to achieve targets.
Operations and Engineering Director
• Developed and implemented operational processes and methodologies to improve the project delivery
• Managed the installation, commissioning, operation, return and inspection of rental equipment
• Delivered a production boosting jet pump to Petronas’ Angsi platform, Malaysia
PhD Chemical Engineering
B.Eng(Hons) Environmental Engineering